PUBLIC NOTICE: The Office of Community Development of the City-Parish of Baton Rouge seeks an exceptional professional to serve on its Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Team. We are seeking demonstrated leaders in managing HUD CDBG and other HUD related federal housing and economic development programs. Specifically, we are seeking locally-based consultants in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, area with solid prior experience and expertise in CDBG. This is a contract position available to an independent consultant. The ideal candidate should have advanced knowledge and/or experience with the following:
- Expertise with CDBG program design, administration, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated track record for providing technical assistance to CDBG grantees and sub-recipients related to financial management and procurement, environmental review, rehabilitation or reconstruction of both single-family and multi-family housing, infrastructure projects,
- Section 3 compliance, fair housing, and non-discrimination.
- Experience developing grantee and sub-recipient risk assessments and compliance monitoring strategies and guidebooks.
- Experience conducting monitoring visits and writing monitoring reports, overseeing corrective actions, and coordinating HUD monitoring visits.
- Experience in assessing internal controls and identifying improper payments – conduct program and budget analysis of CDBG funded activities within various CDBG funded agencies.
- Proficient in the use of the IDIS system – initiating and monitoring CDBG activities and accomplishments.
- Develop and maintain databases containing agency programmatic and fiscal indicators for the CDBG funds.
EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors or Master’s Degree. 3+ years of experience in federal grant reporting, financial analysis, budget planning and management, or a related field. Advanced fiscal knowledge and skill that encompasses budget and program analysis, monitoring, expenditures, and grant reporting. Must be local or intending to be onsite in the greater Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. This is available to an independent consultant. The consultant should have own equipment (laptop or other portable computer) and is expected to work approximately 30-35 hours per week. To qualify, please submit a cover letter, qualifications and hourly or annual rates for consulting services. Submissions may be directed to email@example.com.